Agronomic Technical Consultant (“ATC”)
TIMAC AGRO is an industrial company specializing in soil conditioners, plant and animal nutrition, and biostimulants. In operation since 1959, we are a subsidiary of Groupe Roullier, and are currently present in 39 countries around the world. At TIMAC AGRO our mission is at the forefront of everything we do. Our primary focus is to help Canadian farmers improve their production, in pursuit of a sustainable and more profitable agriculture.
TIMAC AGRO utilizes an innovative range of compound fertilizers based on agronomic additives from natural origins, stimulating plant physiology and improving the efficiency of fertilizer use. In crop production, we take a systems approach to address limiting factors in yield and quality. Our programs focus on nutrient efficiency, soil health, and crop productivity. The process begins with an evaluation of best management practices and ends with a customized fertility program designed to achieve better return on investment. Our fertilizer solutions are based on seaweed and other plant extracts, which have a dual function: stimulating the performance of the fertilizers and improving plant growth and quality. Our intensive product research and development takes place at our Global Innovation Centre in St. Malo, France where we collaborate with more than 120 universities around the world.
TIMAC AGRO employees are passionate and committed to delivering quality technical advice and service to local farmers. Following the receipt of the Ag in Motion 2019 Harvest Award for our product Top Phos, we are seeking to rapidly expand our operations in Canada. As a result, TIMAC AGRO is currently seeking candidates for several Agronomic Technical Consultant (“ATC”) positions to cover proximal territories throughout the province to support our ambitious development plan.
Reporting to a Regional Manager, you will oversee your territory through developing relationships and working closely with farmers, local distribution/ag-retailers and key players within the local farming community. Some of the roles and responsibilities for the position are as follows:
- Directly interacting with farmers in coordination with the local ag retailers and distributors in your area
- Assessing each grower’s individual needs in order to determine which products would distinctly add value to each operation and provide agronomically sound solutions
- Explaining the merits of TIMAC AGRO’s unique range of specialty products (fertilizer, biostimulants, soil conditioner)
- Adhere to company protocols in collecting data on product use in CRM database for designated area
- Setting up, maintaining and presenting field trials with local growers of TIMAC AGRO products
- Academic background in Agronomy and/or Business in some capacity is ideal but not required
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed in a challenging direct sales environment
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to express complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Experience in sales and/or advisory skills considered an asset
- Technically minded with an ability to create and close sales opportunities
- Result oriented with desire to develop into proficient resource to local farming community
- From a farming background with working knowledge of farming practices is preferred
- Able to manage time and prioritize tasks efficiently in a highly autonomous role
- Existing network of local growers and/or distributors is preferred
- Ability to adapt and remain resilient in rapidly changing industry
- Full driver’s license
- An exciting new sales role in the agricultural sector with an emerging company
- An attractive fixed annual salary, with performance-based bonuses & an uncapped commission structure
- An appealing career path and possibilities of further development within a dynamically growing company operating since 1959 in 39 countries
- Business tools provided include company vehicle, cell phone & monthly expenses, Tablet
For more information please visit our website at https://ca.timacagro.com/.
To apply, please forward your resume to
Regional Sales Manager